As the pandemic continues, students face new challenges as their classes go online. A few simple adjustments can make a big difference for student success. (See photos below video for proper test set-up.)
Also: Students not only should set up a place for school work, they will need to have a dedicated space for any testing done remotely.
- Requirements are that your camera stays on throughout the test and your workspace is visible.
- Laptops or iPads should not block the view; instead, lay your iPad (or paper) flat.
- If your laptop or iPad is tilted up, arrange the camera so you can be seen from the side:
- your keyboard and screen should be visible;
- your body should not block any part of the workspace.
Video by Evan Taylor and Beck Westrem of M.A. Journalism.