The deadline for tributes has been extended to Friday, Dec. 1, 2017.
What is a senior tribute?
Each year, the final section of the Antler yearbook consists of senior tributes, which are available in full-page, half-page, quarter-page and eighth-page sizes. Parents, grandparents and other family members often purchase tribute space for a graduating senior. Tributes consist of the senior’s name, along with text (such as a personal message, inspirational quote, favorite Bible verse) and contemporary and/or childhood photos.
If you are a parent who is interested in purchasing a tribute but not familiar with them, we suggest that you ask your son or daughter to show you the tributes sections from previous yearbooks. Antler yearbooks are also available at school for browsing.
Purchasing a tribute is completely optional, of course. Prices are as follows:Full page: $295 Half page: $185 Quarter page: $120 Eighth page: $60
Instructions for ordering and creating a senior tribute
Parents order, create and pay for their tributes online using JostensAdService. This service works much like the online services you may have used to create Christmas cards and event invitations; you choose a size, choose a template for the layout, type in your student’s name and add a message, upload photos, etc. You can tailor the colors and fonts, too, as you wish. Materials, order forms and checks do not need to be sent to school.
What does “deadline” mean?
November may seem a long way away, but the time will pass more quickly than you might imagine. Senior year is busy for the whole family, especially with college visits and applications added to the usual list of things to do. We suggest that you get started early. There is no late fee with tributes, but we cannot guarantee space in the yearbook beyond the stated deadline, and unfortunately we have had to say no to late inquiries in the past. Because tributes are created, ordered and paid for on the Jostens website, the site will close, so please be prepared with your materials before the deadline arrives.
To get started
- Consider what you might want to include in your message.
- Consider which photo(s) you want to include. Find them! Scan them, if necessary, to make high-resolution digital files. Low-resolution photos grabbed from most websites (Facebook, Instagram) won’t work. (High-resolution means 300 dpi at the print size; if you’re not sure how to check, a file 1 MB or larger usually works, but files 100 KB or less are too small and usually were pulled from websites.)
- If you plan to use several photos and/or a longer message, a larger tribute size may be needed.
- View tributes from previous yearbooks to get an idea of what you’d like to do.
- The Jostens site will have several templates to choose from. If you wish to create your own design completely (using Photoshop, for example), you can do that and upload a single file into a blank template.
Click here or on the Jostens logo to create your tribute:
Reid Westrem, yearbook adviser